The Grandfather of AIDS Awareness
Dr. (Major) Maganlal P. Vora, M.B.B.S., D.V.D., I.M.S. (R)
The Pioneer for spreading STD / STI and AIDS / HIV Awareness in the World
Date of Birth: November 11, 1909
Place of Birth: Supa, Poona, Maharashtra
Medical Registration Certificate No. 6525
- Academic qualifications with dates and institutions:
- Matric ( equal to XI Std.) 1926, New English School, Poona
- Inter Science 1928, Fergussion College, Poona
(equal to HSC + 1 Year College, i.e. 13 years of studies)
- M.B.B.S. 1933/34, Grant Medical College, Bombay, Bombay University
- D.V.D. 1949/50, G.M.C. College, Bombay, Bombay University
- Post graduates appointment held:
- House surgeon B. J. Hospital Bombay for 6 months.
- House Physician J. J. Hospital Bombay for 6 months.
- R.M.O., The City Fever Hospital, Arthur Road, Bombay for one year.
- Hon. Clinical assistant, V.D Dept, J. J. Hospital, Bombay for two years.
- Asst. Registrar, Venereal Dept., J. J. Hospital, Bombay for one year.
- Hon. M.O. Venereal Dept, St. George’s Hospital, Bombay for 3 years.
- Recognized specialist in venereology for the Indian Army for 3 years.
- Hon. Junior venereologist St. George’s Hospital, Bombay for 6 years.
- Hon. Senior Venereologist St. George’s Hospital, Bombay for 14 years.
- Post graduate course in Bacteriology & Pathology, G.M.C., Bombay for six months.
- Independent Research Conducted:
- Research in Detoxification of Colon, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs and Blood and its evaluation through standard Pathological Tests. 1990 to 2007.
- Development of Optimum Standards in Pathological Evaluation and modern method of reading and interpreting Standard Pathological Reports. 2000 to 2007.
- Development of Optimum Daily Allowance (ODA) Standards, and Mega Doses for Nutrition to replace the old standards of Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) levels. Establishing Protocols for administration of Therapeutic doses of Nutrition. Development of techniques for administration of Nutrition at Intracellular levels 1990 to 2007.
- Research on Nano / Colloidal Silver for Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal and Anti-viral use 1990-2000.
- Design & Development of a portable, mains and battery operated Nano Silver Particle generator for treatment of Venereal Disease 1999 to 2005.
- Certification of “ No Growth” of gram-positive, gram-negative and fungi using Colloidal Silver Generator by an independent Pathological Laboratory obtained in October 2006.
- Certification of “ No Growth” of HIV-1 viral load using Colloidal Silver Generator by an independent Pathological Laboratory obtained in March 2007.
- Social activities and service to the community through:
- Vice Chairman, Health Committee, Association for Social Health in India, Maharashtra branch for 15 years.
- Member of the Social Service League for 40 years.
- Hon. Secretary to V.D. Advisory Committee, Maharashtra for 2 years.
- Member of the Board of Advisory Committee, Indian Medical Record, Calcutta.
- Life member of I.A.S.S.T.D.
- Conducted Free Seminars for continued education of Doctors in latest development of Modern Medicine, Ortho Molecular Medicine, Modernized version of Ayurveda / Herbal Medicine for treatment of all kinds of Chronic Ailments for which there is really no solution in Allopathy. 2000 to 2005.
- Formed a Trust (SPAT – STD Pioneer’s Awareness Trust) for spreading awareness, conducting research and treatment of patients with STD/ STI including HIV/ AIDS infected adults and children in March 2007.
- Prizes & Awards received:
- General Proficiency 1922.
- Award for Mathematics 1923.
- Army 1939-45 star, Burma Star, Indian War Medal.
- Certificate of Merit from G.M.C. for H.S & H.P.
- Certificate of Merit from G.M.C. for Hon. Clinical Assistant.
- Swimming- Inter University Competition, Bombay.
- Silver Medal Certification from I.A.S.S.T.D. 1976
- I have been a regular contributor to journals on my speciality for over 30 years.
Contributions to Medical Journals:
- Medical Bulletin.
- Indian Journal of Medical Sciences.
- Current Medical Practice, Bombay.
- The Indian Practitioner, Bombay.
- Maharashtra Medical Journal, Pune.
- The Antiseptic.
- Indian Medical Record.
- Bombay Hospital Journal.
- Journal of the Indian Medical Association.
7. Contributions to non-medical journals:
- The Illustrated Weekly of India.
- The Bombay Civic Journal.
- Social Service League Quarterly.
- Home Doctor.
- Indian Express.
- Free press journal
- The Times of India.
- Evening News.
- Economic Times & Express.
- Freedom First.
- Eve’s Weekly.